We Are Creative Commerce Experts
Our team is driven by a single purpose – to create stunning commerce experiences for our customers, every time. We are creative thinkers with a keen eye for detail and developers with a knack for innovative solutions, powered by a lot of coffee and a commitment to our craft that is unrivalled.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist at Pointer, you are responsible for ensuring the work we deliver to our customers meets our standards. The expectation of the QA Specialist is to ensure our sites matches the design, the project needs and functions seamlessly across multiple browsers and viewports (mobile, tablet and desktop).
You should have and seek to obtain a high-level understanding of new testing technologies and trends in commerce, are aesthetically driven, have a user mindset and strongly advocate for best user experiences, and value being a key member in an intelligent and multi-disciplined team.
- Perform manual cross browser testing on desktop, tablet and mobile
- Review design quality of all work prior to finalize design sign-off
- Log defects and track them proactively and follow them through to closure
- Work closely with account managers, designers and developers to develop and refine test plans and to identify dependencies
- Work with project managers on testing estimations and release schedules
- Perform sanity/smoke testing to ensure sites readiness
- Actively involved in all phases of full development lifecycle
- Understand feature requirements & design ways to verify they are implemented correctly
- Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions to optimize and evolve processes
- Establishing testing standards and techniques
- Stay on top of best practices/trends/tools
- Initiative: Embrace continuous learning and application of new design trends and best practices for modern web testing
- Attention to Detail: Ensure that the design for the project is followed and functional
- Collaboration: Work alongside the Designer to ensure attention to original design is upheld and provide feedback if changes are required due to functionality
- Time Management: Respect assigned time parameters so as not to delay project presentation
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience in quality assurance equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with accessibility testing best practices and screen readers
- Familiar with Google Lighthouse or equivalent
- Passionate about the web, eCommerce, online payment solutions, social networks (Facebook, etc.) and online search engines (Google, etc.);
- Experience using the Shopify platform is preferred but not necessary
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely strong attention to details
Why work here?
We're an award winning, dynamic and growing agency built on strong values. We focus on collaboration, creativity and the customer experience. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive team and want to expand our hiring of the non-binary, BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities. So however you identify and whatever your background is, if you share our values, we want to hear from you!
We're working remotely for the time being (hanging out on Slack, and Discord when feeling fancy), and are likely to adopt some hybrid model once the pandemic is over. If we do return to an office, we promise it'll be a sweet spot with a stocked fridge and fresh decor. In person or at home, we're an environment that fosters creativity.
Pointer offers a flexible time off policy, with paid vacation & sick days. We have a comprehensive group benefit plan, that can include extended health and dental coverage. Oh and we've got great swag to deck you out from head to ankle.
If you are a creative thinker, a resourceful problem solver, and never one to shy away from a challenge, then we want to hear from you!
$45,000.00 - $55,000.00