We Are Creative Commerce Experts
Our team is driven by a single purpose – to create stunning commerce experiences for our customers, every time. We are creative thinkers with a keen eye for detail and developers with a knack for innovative solutions, powered by a lot of coffee and a commitment to our craft that is unrivaled.
As a Designer at Pointer, you will be responsible for using the client notes from the Head of Strategy and Design Director to conceptualize and create a high fidelity website design. Once the design is completed and accepted by the client, you will coordinate with the assigned Developer to ensure the accuracy of the project based on the design and communicate any concerns with the project to the Design Director. In all areas, you’ll need to be a patient listener and confident communicator with a firm grasp of established goals.
- Design pixel-perfect responsive layouts for desktop and mobile
- Collaborate with the design team and contribute to the development of client brands and websites
- Attention to detail, particularly while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-starter and able to work independently, with exceptional deadline and time management skills
- Initiative: Embrace continuous learning and application of new design trends and best practices
- Time Management: Work within assigned time parameters so the development process is not delayed.
- Collaboration: Participate in weekly design meetings to present / defend work to the team, as well as assisting in client communication as necessary
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Completion of web design training or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Adobe CS and Figma (Sketch or equivalent)
- Strong working knowledge of the Shopify platform
- Illustration, photography and/or video editing skills are a plus
- 3D modelling / design knowledge are a plus
- Experience prototyping motion with After Effects, Framer, Principle etc
Why work here?
We're an award winning, dynamic and growing agency built on strong values. We focus on collaboration, creativity and the customer experience. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive team and want to expand our hiring of the non-binary, BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities. So however you identify and whatever your background is, if you share our values, we want to hear from you!
We're working remotely for the time being (hanging out on Slack, and Discord when feeling fancy), and are likely to adopt some hybrid model once the pandemic is over. If we do return to an office, we promise it'll be a sweet spot with a stocked fridge and fresh decor. In person or at home, we're an environment that fosters creativity.
Pointer offers a flexible time off policy, with paid vacation & sick days. We have a comprehensive group benefit plan, that can include extended health and dental coverage. Oh and we've got great swag to deck you out from head to ankle.
If you are a creative thinker, a resourceful problem solver, and never one to shy away from a challenge, then we want to hear from you!