We Are Creative Commerce Experts
Our team is driven by a single purpose – to create stunning commerce experiences for our customers, every time. We are creative thinkers with a keen eye for detail and developers with a knack for innovative solutions, powered by a lot of coffee and a commitment to our craft that is unrivaled.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for keeping the project and all related processes running smoothly and efficiently. You will ensure all team members and departments have what they need to make their deadlines for the deliverables set out in the project plan and strategy. You will help with making status summary reports that will be provided to the organization’s account management team and department directors. You will assist in providing quality assurance testing on large scale, interactive projects. You will work closely with our designers, developers, and management team to deliver stunning commerce experiences to our clients. This job is based out of our Byward Market office in Ottawa, Ontario (currently working remotely).
- The Project Manager helps keep all parts of the project process organized and running according to the project plan.
- Identifying and implementing KPIs and project milestones
- Liaising and updating internal team members and stakeholders on the status of projects
- Making sure that the project team has the tools, resources and information they need to execute the project.
- Think strategically and evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions alongside the project team.
- The Project Manager will be involved in the day to day tasks and are responsible for communicating with team members to keep them all on track.
- Assist in quality assurance testing ensuring the work by the development team matches the design specifications.
- Keeping track of the latest digital project management trends, methodologies, project management tools and making recommendations for improvements.
- Leadership: Ability to motivate, support and understand internal teams.
- Team Management: Establish rapport with team members and have the ability to get the most out of everyone on your team.
- Multitasking: Ability to coordinate multiple projects with varying degrees of scope simultaneously.
- Communication: Ability to clearly communicate the goals, strategy and expectations of the projects to the project teams.
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability to see the big picture, learn, and adapt to new processes quickly.
- Attention to Detail: Coordinate schedules, assets, and project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated and executed upon.
- Reporting: Excellent organization and administrative skills ensuring all projects include a weekly reporting structure.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- At least 3-5 years demonstrable experience in a digital environment in an agency or client side, managing a range of digital projects.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience writing functional & technical specifications and providing QA testing.
- Experienced in a range of project management software including (Asana, Harvest, Notion)
- Experience with scheduling and task management.
- Adept at building effective project team relationships and working with several stakeholders to deliver targets.
- Ability to work under pressure, remain solutions focused, change direction when required and work on a range of client projects at the same time.
Strong working knowledge of the Shopify platform
Why work here?
We're an award winning, dynamic and growing agency built on strong values. We focus on collaboration, creativity and the customer experience. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive team and want to expand our hiring of the non-binary, BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities. So however you identify and whatever your background is, if you share our values, we want to hear from you!
We're working remotely for the time being (hanging out on Slack, and Discord when feeling fancy), and are likely to adopt some hybrid model once the pandemic is over. If we do return to an office, we promise it'll be a sweet spot with a stocked fridge and fresh decor. In person or at home, we're an environment that fosters creativity.
Pointer offers a flexible time off policy, with paid vacation & sick days. We have a comprehensive group benefit plan, that can include extended health and dental coverage.
Oh and we've got great swag to deck you out from head to ankle.
If you are a creative thinker, a resourceful problem solver, and never one to shy away from a challenge, then we want to hear from you!
$65,000.00 - $80,000.00